RugsUSA - "New" rug with pet urine stain!

Buyer beware. I recently purchased an area rug from Rugs USA. I made the mistake of waiting to take the rug out of the packaging until the room for which it was intended was painted. Upon opening and unrolling for the first time, I noted an irregular yellow stain in the center of the rug.

I contacted customer service only to be told they could not help because I was outside the "14 day" return window. I was told a supervisor would contact me to discuss the situation, but that call never came.

In an attempt to salvage an already bad situation, I took the rug to a local rug cleaner in hopes of removing (or minimizing) the stain. The cleaner immediately identified the stain as pet urine! Disgusting! There are no pets in my house. The cleaner was honest and let me know the stain would be impossible to remove. They obviously sold me a rug which had been returned, stained, by another customer.

This was not a case of me changing my mind about color, size, etc. sold me a damaged product and refused to stand behind it. #rugsusa #neveragain

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Rugsusa Rug
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #908351

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with RugsUSA? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to RugsUSA. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about RugsUSA.
Filing a new complaint about