8 Santa Fe Way, Cranbury, NJ 08512, USA

I follow this company on Instagram and they posted a promo for 55% off + free shipping. NO details or fine print in the caption just a photo.

I put two rugs in my cart and went to checkout, shipping cost showed $0. I then put in my address which is in Canada- shipping cost still showed $0. I was skeptical because a lot of American companies don't offer free shipping to Canada but since I had entered my address and it still showed $0 I had no reason to think otherwise especially since there were no exclusions in the ad. I then click "place order" STILL shows $0 for shipping- great!

Shortly thereafter I get my confirmation email and they've added a $40 shipping charge! AFTER POINT OF SALE. This order was placed on a Saturday. I emailed them and said that I wanted to be reimbursed for the shipping charge as I was not informed of the full price of my order before placing the order and if they would not do that I wanted a refund.

I did not get a response and on Monday got a shipping confirmation. So I called and got NO help. I was told "that's just how their system works" shipping charges are calculated after the order is placed and refunding the shipping charges/cancelling my order was not an option.

HOW IS THIS ETHICAL?! I will definitely be telling my Canadian friends not to order from this company as they don't seem to care about misleading their customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rugsusa Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

https://help.rugsusa.com/customer/en/portal/articles/968976-what-are-the-shipping-costs- What are the shipping costs? At Rugs USA, shipping is always FREE to the contiguous United States.

If you are shipping your package to Canada, please be advised there is a 35% shipping charge. Additionally, you will be responsible to pay any duties, brokerage and customs fees to UPS upon delivery.

-- The policy on their website is very clear. I suggest that you do more research next time.

I am agree with u guys, I have same terrible experience. Send me very bed quality rug and when I trying to return them but no one replying my call after I did BBB complain and sen them tough email they call me back today with very poor phone connection, I feel like they doing this purposely.

I ask her to call me back right away because of poor connection. But they didn’t call than I call back them and they took my all information include order number and then they put me on hold for half an hour for supervisor and than it’s disconnected again, but i didn’t give up and call back again and than customer service rep told me that they have only one supervisor and she has to handle so many call so she told me that she will call u back when she available, it’s unethical, unprofessional and I feel always they want to trick customers and make them wait long so we give up.

If anyone reviewing this review from rug Usa than let me give u my order number as well so u guys know that I am not bluffing. My order is ws1539153