I have attempted to purchase 5 rugs from this company. I have had the same exact scenario play out two times now. I order a rug, my debit card is processed/charged, an email arrives that it has been shipped, then a few days later another email arrives stating they didn't actually have the rug in stock and my refund would take up to 10 business days.

I contacted Nichole by email at Rugs USA to explain this issue and ask her to resolve it, or lose me a customer. She asked me to send her a short list of a few other rugs within a certain SKU number, that I might like and she would see if she could approve some type of discount on those. I spent more of my time looking through hundreds of rugs and sent her a list of three. She replied that she would ask about those three, but in the meantime I could just go back to their site and buy another rug that's on sale, because once they go off sale I may not be able to get that price again. I waited past 3 business days (as told) to hear back from her, but never heard another word.

In addition to my email, I posted my experience on their Facebook wall under a recent post/picture they had posted. I was one of three unhappy customers who had written under that particular post/picture, sharing their poor customer service experiences. ALL of those posts have since been removed by the company.

I also sold a rug I had successfully purchased from them a few years ago because the shedding never let up. I had a friend have the same problem with a different rug they purchased from Rugs USA. It's hard to tell the quality of the rug, unless it already has several reviews & I'm starting to detect some fake reviews by employees.

Customer service has been terrible and considering they are deleting customers' comments from their public Facebook wall suggests to me that there are many unhappy customers.

Had an Experience with RugsUSA?

Comments